Teen fatally injured while 'car surfing'
CROSSE — Police say an 18-year-old is dead after he
suffered severe injuries while apparently "car
surfing" in La Crosse.
student may be paralyzed after diving accident
— A 20-year-old University of Wisconsin-Madison student
may face paralysis after a diving accident at Lake Mendota.
juvenile males arrested in Manitowoc rail arson
— Authorities have arrested five male juveniles in
connection with a fire set at a Manitowoc train yard.
youth hunt set to begin next month
- Young hunters will get a chance to stalk deer when
Wisconsin's annual youth hunt gets underway next month.
convicted in hospital lockdown incident
- A gunman who was shot by police inside Children's Hospital
of Wisconsin has been convicted of several offenses from an
incident that resulted in a two-hour lockdown.
of 5-year-old boy yields 38-year sentence
- A judge has sentenced a Milwaukee man to 38 years in
prison for the beating death of his girlfriend's 5-year-old
bust coffee-toting teen-aged robber
- Milwaukee police say they busted a coffee-toting teen-aged
robber who made the mistake of leaving a paper trail.
issues recalls to fix clutches, fuel tanks
- Harley-Davidson is recalling more than 105,000 motorcycles
from the 2014 model year because their clutches may fail,
causing stopped bikes to creep forward and potentially
arrested after fall from bridge near campus
CLAIRE - Police say a 21-year-old Eau Claire man was
arrested for disorderly conduct after falling more than 30
feet while attempting some sort of stunt on a bridge over
the Chippewa River.
offered in Manitowoc train car arson fire
- Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward for information
leading to the arrest of a suspect or suspects in an arson
fire at a Manitowoc train yard.
present UW music center design
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison is moving ahead with
plans to build a new performance center on campus.
arts museum celebrating 100th birthday
- The Minneapolis Institute of Arts is preparing to
celebrate its 100th anniversary next year.
bear hunters back wolf-skinning plan
- Wisconsin's bear hunters say they support a plan to study
whether hunters are letting their dogs fight wolves.
leaders debate need for military vehicle
- Appleton police officials are defending their decision to
accept an armored truck, which the department received in
April, in light of recent criticism surrounding military
boy locked out of classroom during drill
DU LAC - Officials at a Fond du Lac elementary school are
apologizing after a first-grader was accidentally locked out
of his classroom during a drill.
apologizes to Neenah schools superintendent
- Democratic gubernatorial candidate Mary Burke has
apologized to the superintendent of the Neenah school
district for comments she made on the campaign trail.
students protest fraternity amid probe
- More than 100 protesters have rallied outside of a
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee fraternity house where
police are investigating whether members slipped "date
rape" drugs into party drinks.
found unresponsive in pool
- Police say a 5-year-old boy who was pulled from a hotel
pool in Merrill last weekend has died.
minister charged with child sex abuse
BAY - A Wisconsin minister has been charged with sexually
assaulting a teenage girl in the Green Bay area.