gets 110 years for Illinois murder, robbery
Ill. - A Wisconsin man was sentenced to more than 100 years
in prison for the execution-style slaying of a northern
Illinois store clerk.
dealing with downtown Ripon blaze
- Firefighters are battling a three-alarm blaze in the Fond
du Lac County community of Ripon (RIP'-on).
historical site to offer 19th-century dinner
- A Wisconsin historical site will offer history lovers a
chance to prepare a 19th-century meal next month.
to hold tax reform round tables
- Gov. Scott Walker's administration plans to schedule round
table discussions around Wisconsin for people to discuss the
state's tax code and propose changes.
is 9th per capita for Peace Corps volunteers
- Wisconsin has made the Peace Corps' Top 10 list for number
of volunteers per capita.
State Journal names new publisher
- Lee Enterprises Inc. has named John Humenik, president and
publisher of the Arizona Daily Star, as publisher of the
Wisconsin State Journal in Madison.
student arrested on UW-Stevens Point campus
- A former student has been arrested for venturing onto the
University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point campus in violation of
a restraining order that court records indicate has been
sentenced for role in Texas-to-Wis. drug ring
- A Sheboygan man convicted of helping to run a drug ring
that trafficked cocaine and marijuana from Texas to
Wisconsin has been sentenced to more than 10 years in
prison, federal prosecutors said Tuesday.
signs technical college bills
- Gov. Scott Walker has signed into law a pair of bills
designed to help students who are pursuing a technical
superintendent comments on standards released
- Responses from nearly 100 school superintendents across
Wisconsin with their feelings about the Common Core academic
standards have been released by a legislative committee.
DNR headquarters evacuated after pipes burst
- The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources'
headquarters in Madison has been evacuated after pipes burst
overnight, flooding eight floors of the building.
7,200 Wis. residents selected health plans
- Around 7,200 people in Wisconsin have purchased health
insurance through the federal website, eight times are many
who had signed up through October, the deputy state
insurance commissioner said Tuesday.
DNR: Female deer hunters grew by 5 percent
- The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources says the number
of resident female deer hunters was up slightly during the
state's nine-day gun season.
Wausau men arrested after string
- Three Wausau men have been arrested in connection with a
series of home break-ins that police say may be tied to a larger
burglary ring in the area.
Nightclub shooting victim pronounced dead
- Police say the Green Bay man shot at an Appleton nightclub has
pleads to taking drugs from evidence room
CROSSE - A former La Crosse lieutenant accused of stealing drugs
from the police evidence room has pleaded guilty to charges.
minister sentenced to life for abuse
- A former minister has been sentenced to life in prison for
molesting a young boy in western Wisconsin.