90 near Janesville reopens after chemical spill
- Interstate 90 near Janesville is open once again after a
chemical spill shut down the freeway for much of the day
to review suspect statements to police before trial
MARS, Iowa - A judge will review video and a transcript of a
homicide suspect's interview with investigators to determine
if his statements can be used as evidence at his upcoming
detonate package at Kenosha Planned Parenthood
- Authorities say they safely detonated a suspicious package
that was found outside a Planned Parenthood clinic in
baby killed when pickup rear-ends horse-drawn buggy
- Authorities say a 21-year-old father and his 6-month-old
child were killed when a pickup truck read-ended their
horse-drawn buggy in western Wisconsin.
Friday for Wis. Marine killed in training exercise
WASHINGTON - A U.S. Marine killed when a military helicopter
crashed during a Florida training mission will eulogized in
detained in Puerto Rico Ironman shooting that wounded 2
JUAN, Puerto Rico - Authorities in Puerto Rico have detained
a man suspected of participating in a drive-by shooting that
wounded two competitors in an Ironman triathlon.
man sentenced in fatal overdose
- A Sheboygan man has been sentenced to four years in prison
for selling heroin that resulted in an overdose death.
agencies administered $12.1 billion in federal aid
- A new state audit shows Wisconsin state agencies
administered $12.1 billion in federal dollars during fiscal
Dane County deputy pleads guilty in deaths of 2
- A former Dane County sheriff's deputy has changed his plea
to guilty in the killings of his wife and sister-in-law.
in trooper slaying had warrant for domestic assault
DU LAC - A man suspected of killing a Wisconsin state
trooper in a shootout had been wanted on a Michigan warrant
for domestic assault.
rec area on old munitions site to get final inspection
- Final inspections are taking place this weekend at an old
munitions complex in Sauk County that's the site of a new
state recreation area.
company withdraws Wisconsin application
- The state Department of Natural Resources says a company
that was looking to open a huge iron mine in northern
Wisconsin has officially withdrawn its plans.
DOJ turns over shooting report
- The Wisconsin Department of Justice has turned over its
final reports on the events that led up to a white Madison
Police officer killing an unarmed biracial man to
pleads guilty to threatening governor's son on Twitter
- A Milwaukee man has pleaded guilty to threatening Gov.
Scott Walker's adult son on Twitter.
man arrested in 25-year-old Fond du Lac murder
DU LAC - A 61-year-old Kenosha man has been arrested in
connection with the nearly 25-year-old murder of a
Sturtevant woman whose body was found in a ditch weeks after
spill causes closures on I-90 at Janesville
- Clean up efforts are underway on Interstate 90 near
Janesville after an early morning chemical spill that shut
down the highway for most of the day.
to ban same-sex marriage will cost Wisconsin $1M
- Wisconsin's attempt to ban same-sex marriages will cost
taxpayers more than $1 million.
Walker in Texas, out of sight during immigration flap
Texas - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker left a tour of the
U.S.-Mexico border without addressing questions being raised
about his stance on immigration.
Supreme Court candidates argue over partisanship
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Ann Walsh Bradley defended
herself from accusations by challenger Rock County Circuit
Judge James Daley in a debate Friday that she's a liberal
with "extreme beliefs," saying she has a broad
base of bipartisan support in her re-election bid.