area drowning victim, 14, identified
- The Milwaukee County sheriff's office has released the
name of a 14-year-old boy who drowned while swimming in a
Milwaukee-area river over the weekend.
arrested in Milwaukee baby's death
- Milwaukee police have arrested the parents of a
2-month-old baby found dead in a home on the city's south
Mayfly hatch causes 3-vehicle crash
- Police say a large hatch of mayflies may have caused a
three-vehicle crash on a Wisconsin road.
of Madison hotel homicide identified
- Madison police say a fatal shooting outside a hotel last
weekend was drug-related.
objects to full court hearing gay marriage
- Gay couples challenging Wisconsin's ban on same-sex
marriages are objecting to the state's request that the full
7th Circuit Court of Appeals hear arguments in the case.
train crew members released from hospital
- Two crew members injured when two trains collided in a
southeastern Wisconsin village are doing better.
Wisconsin jails offer Skype-type visits
- Relatives who want to visit inmates in five Wisconsin
counties no longer have to come to the jail in person,
thanks to recently installed systems that allow them to
visit from afar through a Skype-like video system.
bar ends event after kidnap attempt
- A Wisconsin bar ended its weekly event featuring scantily
clad bartenders after police said a regular patron tried to
kidnap an employee.
Twin Cities Rainbow stores to close
PAUL, Minn. - Nine Twin Cities Rainbow supermarkets will
close Tuesday as owner Roundy's exits the market.
Burke, Hulsey to report fundraising totals
- Candidates for governor were to report how much money they
raised through the first half of the year.
killed, 2 hurt in Wisconsin skydiving accidents
- One person died and two others were injured in separate
weekend skydiving accidents in southern Wisconsin.
who died in skydive accident identified
- Racine County sheriff's officials have identified the
people involved in a fatal skydiving accident.
gives Purple Heart to stabbing victim
- The Waukesha girl who was stabbed 19 times, allegedly by
two classmates who thought her death would please a
fictional online character, has received a special gift.
feed mill fire causes extensive damage
- A Green Bay-area fire chief says a livestock feed mill has
sustained more than $1 million in damages from a fire.
case could affect Wisconsin rail traffic
- A Wisconsin Supreme Court ruling in a case involving a
train that struck a minivan that was stuck on the tracks on
Memorial Day could have a wide-ranging impact on the state's
attorney general candidates at forum
- All three Democratic candidates for attorney general are
scheduled to appear together at a forum hosted by the Dane
County Democratic Party.
Drunken 12-year-old taken to hospital
- Wausau police say a drunken 12-year-old boy was taken to a
hospital and kept overnight.
leads Democrats in fundraising
- Republican Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch says she has raised
$520,000 through June and has $689,000 cash on hand.
Michigan splash pad requires costly fixes
CITY, Mich. - A city-commissioned report found the Traverse
City splash pad that rained sewage-contaminated water on
children could cost up to $400,000 to fix.