suspect at large in interstate shooting
- Authorities are looking for a fourth suspect in a shooting
on an interstate in Milwaukee County.
Christie visits Colorado for fundraiser
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is visiting political
battleground Colorado for a fundraiser with the state's GOP
gubernatorial candidate, Bob Beauprez, before heading to
Aspen for events with other party leaders.
meat processor to close after dispute
OF BLACK EARTH - A popular organic meat processor has
decided to close after a dispute with village of Black Earth
seek emergency wildfire fighting money
Wash. - Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell were among a dozen U.S.
senators who sent a letter to Senate leaders asking for passage
of emergency legislation to allocate $615 million for use in
man charged in second killing
Ill. - A man accused of killing a high school friend was
charged Tuesday in a second northern Illinois killing.
Minnesota killer seeks new trial
CROSSE - A Minnesota man sentenced to life in prison for killing
the owner of a Wisconsin camera store and his teenage son has
requested a new trial.
convicted in baby's death will appeal
- The baby sitter found guilty in Sauk County of killing an
infant in her care plans to appeal her conviction.
Supreme Court reverses rape ruling
- Evidence of a prior consensual sexual relationship between
a Milwaukee man and a woman who accused him of rape was
properly excluded from his trial, the Wisconsin Supreme
Court ruled Tuesday.
tracks open following Slinger derailment
- The railroad tracks have been cleared of derailed train
cars in Slinger.
raises just $2,500 in race for governor
- Longshot Democratic candidate for governor Brett Hulsey
raised just shy of $2,500 over the first six months of the
former executive reach legal settlement
- One person died and two others were injured in separate
weekend skydiving accidents in southern Wisconsin.
lags in fundraising for attorney general
- Democratic Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne is
far behind three other candidates in raising money in the
race for attorney general.
gives Purple Heart to stabbing victim
- The Waukesha girl who was stabbed 19 times, allegedly by
two classmates who thought her death would please a
fictional online character, has received a special gift.
2Q profit rises 30 percent
- Harley-Davidson Inc. (HOG) on Tuesday reported net income
that climbed by 30 percent in its second quarter, and topped
band won't make trip to first game
- The Wisconsin Badgers first football game of the season
will take place before a nationally-televised audience
against Southeastern Conference powerhouse Louisiana State.
advisory for parts of Wisconsin
- The hottest weather of the season has arrived in the
Drunken 12-year-old taken to hospital
- Wausau police say a drunken 12-year-old boy was taken to a
hospital and kept overnight.
leads Democrats in fundraising
- Republican Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch says she has raised
$520,000 through June and has $689,000 cash on hand.
Michigan splash pad requires costly fixes
CITY, Mich. - A city-commissioned report found the Traverse
City splash pad that rained sewage-contaminated water on
children could cost up to $400,000 to fix.