Wisconsin family credits dog with saving their lives

February 15, 2016

HARTLAND A suburban Milwaukee family credits their dog with saving their lives after the Aussie border collie alerted them to a carbon monoxide leak.

WISN-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1PxLcC1 ) that Nicole Siekert, of Hartland, woke up feeling sick Thursday morning. She says she got her twin daughters up and ready for school, but they all felt out of sorts.

Siekert laid down for a moment to relieve what felt like the flu. But their dog, Abby, became frantically clingy, prodding Siekert and trying to get her attention.

Assuming Abby wanted to go out, Siekert led her to the front door. But the dog walked past it and headed downstairs, where a carbon monoxide detector was going off in the basement because a furnace exhaust pipe was blocked.

Siekert's daughter, Bella, dubs Abby "superdog."

 

 

Associated Press